Friday, April 4, 2008

Belated Introductions

I just realized I cannot write about what I'm writing about anonymously. It's just too weird and this is just so a 'non anonymous' thing annnnd yeah.

Plus the only people who know about this little site a) already know my name and my husband's name, and b) I'm also not advertising this to everyone we know. So again, yeah.

I'm Michelle.

Hubby is Jeff.

And that's just how it's gonna be from now on. And if I mention anyone by name that we know and you have an issue with it, I will assign you a letter of the alphabet should you want your name removed. I won't think less of you, but you should be prepared for me to call you 'A' or 'Y' or something in public then.

;-)

I'm going to eat some ice cream (why am I adopting the diet of high fat and carbs recommended to Jeff? Ooooh -- comfort food, got it), pray, read, watch some TV and not in that order. Jeff is feeling better and going to get some more sleep. Hopefully we can make breakfast in the a.m. and we're just going to ban ginger ale from his diet for the time being.

Pastor Frank has twice told Jeff via prophetic word that this whole cancer-thing is not the result of anything done wrong by him. It's an attack of the enemy because Jeff has chosen to believe God's Word (I'm fuzzy on the last part, sorry!). (Jeff always says 'us' and 'we', saying it applies to both of us. Depending on the hour, I may or may not agree with him. :-P)

I really need to get it out of my head that this is somehow my fault, a case of where I prayed wrong or believed wrong or didn't believe enough or have just been a slacker Christian who is out of touch with God and certainly not able to touch His provisions. Is it some sort of a pride issue I need to deal with? A trust one? An over-emphasis on works one?

No comments: